Thursday, August 20, 2015

Review: Fudging the Books

I have been a fan of Daryl's work since I first opened her amazing Cheese Shop Mysteries and after reading all that had been available I jumped into the Cookbook Nook series. I have not been disappointed. I have loved her depictions of Crystal Cove and her heroine Jenna Hart (not as much as Charlotte in the Cheese Shop Mysteries though). Fudging the Books takes place during Pirate Week and two crimes happen almost at once, Alison Foodie, indie publisher of Foodie Books, is murdered by a pair of scissors and a pot of golden doubloons is stolen which sends Mayor ZZ into a tizzy. Something i like about Daryl and some of the other "cozy" authors (another I like is Krista Davis) is the mix between food, crime and humor. These writers are sometimes laugh at loud funny in the situations the characters get themselves into and you realize very quickly that not only do they really care and craft a good story but that their voices are resonating throughout the pages. Very highly recommended!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment